The first Pentecostal message came to El Dorado in June of 1918. Brother Will Mack held a six week revival meeting. From this revival, a small group got together and purchased property at 1217 Ross Avenue. The first structure to be built was a small building with three rooms in the back. It was a fledgling work without a full-time pastor.
In 1921, the church was brought together by A.O. Williamson and Lou Williamson. The Full Gospel Mission of El Dorado was formed, and from these humble beginnings the church has had a continuous ministry in the city.
On October 24, 1924, the Full Gospel Mission of El Dorado affiliated with the General Council of the Assemblies of God with headquarters in Springfield, Missouri. The name of the church was later changed to First Assembly of God.
During the the following years of ministry, First Assembly of God has sent many people including: evangelists, pastors, missionaries, and musicians out to minister the Gospel. Our World Ministries giving and outreach has been listed among the best in the nation. The people have remained faithful and First Assembly of God has become one of the prominent Assemblies of God churches in the state. In 1928 and again in 1932, the fellowship was host to the District Council.
Throughout our existence, we have had many stages of construction. A small building with a humble beginning, a basement for a few years, then a sanctuary was added. In 1958 and 1959 a new sanctuary was built. God then birthed a vision to build a new church on "Pistol Hill." In 1992, we moved into the new building at 2225 West Hillsboro. In 2004 we built a new ministry facility, adding more room for Sunday School Classes, Youth Programs, and various other ministries.
Through the years, many great men and women of God have ministered to be body of believers, some only known by God. They have all become our…"great cloud of witnesses."
"...one planted, one watered, but God gave the increase." 1 Corinthians 3:6